Architect: Mithun Architects
General Contractor: Walsh Construction Company
Completion: Winter 2013
The new Lander Hall was a complete replacement of the existing student housing building that had been home to students for the past 50 years. The new hall provides more living space for residents as well as a dining center and areas for students to cook their own meals together. The new structure was updated with multi-story curtain walls and interior glass rails, all to help provide an open feeling to the residents and occupants. Lander Hall is another step toward helping achieve the University’s goal of enhancing connections between students while creating an active street life for on-going interactions.
The exterior systems on this project were all constructed with Kawneer 1600 Curtain Wall and PPG’s Solarban 60 glazing supplied by Hartung. On the interior, the all glass wall and door systems were provided by C.R. Laurence, with folding operable walls supplied and installed by Hufcor/Barclay Dean. Goldray helped provide a custom double-screened glass that was used as a room divider between the dining area and a lower lounge that helped tie the two spaces together.